March 7, 2010 - Stephanie's first EVER competitive run!!!
My girlfriend/neighbor Kim Daugherty got into a running kick last year and decided to run 10 races in 2010. Her first major goal of the year is to make it through a half marathon the first weekend in May. She somehow talked me into joining the training program which we started on February 8th. I have never been a runner, nor have I ever even remotely desired to be a runner, but lo and behold - I am actually enjoying it!
After training for about a month we tested out our running skills in the Leaping Leprechaun 5k just a quick walk to the YMCA from our homes. I was super excited to conquer this little challenge and I did! I didn't walk through the whole thing and finished the race! Yay! Get ready to see me in the Heels and Hills half marathon on May 2nd!
Two tuckered out mamas just back after the race!

No comments:
Post a Comment