Wow! The last few weeks have FLOWN by! I haven't had time to check in or upload pictures since I began what I like to call my "Tour of the Southwest". I made the 12 and a half hour trek to Farmington on Sunday, May 6th, stayed Sunday night and Monday night, and then headed up to Colorado Springs on May 8th to visit Tim while he had an 8 game home stand. It was really nice to spend some time with him, since this will be the last "long" trip I make for the remainder of the summer.
Two friends of mine (Kim and Ivory) came down from Denver for a game on the 12th which was a ton of fun! And we also made a little time for some baby clothes shopping, which I hadn't done much of until that point. Tim's mom and stepdad came down on the 13th from Denver to watch the game on Mother's day and that evening we headed up to Denver to have a big family dinner at a mexican restaurant in Morrison. Both of Tim's sisters and all of the neices and nephews were there so we had a great time!
Tim had to head on a road trip on Thursday the 17th, so I sent him on his way and then split my time between his sister Cassie's house and my friend Ivory's house. It was a busy week but I had a blast getting to see all the people I love who I don't get to see very often!
On Saturday, the 19th, four of my awesome friends Ivory, Brooke, Kim and Rhonda hosted a baby shower for me! It was such a fun time and I was so happy that several of our family members and family friends were able to attend. The baby got some really adorable outfits and toys and Tim and I got some baby gear that will really help us out! I can't thank the girls enough for hosting such a beautiful party - THANK YOU LADIES!!!!
I got to spend one last day with Tim last Monday when he flew back from his road trip, and Tuesday I had to say goodbye and head back to Farmington. This past week has been just as busy as my time in Colorado! I watched two of my cousins and my stepsister graduate from high school on Wednesday and Thursday. CONGRATS to Adam, Jessica and Courtney!!! It was fun to attend a graduation since I hadn't been to one since my brothers graduation 2 years ago. I can't believe It has been SEVEN years since I graduated from high school myself!
On Saturday, my Aunt Dee, Aunt Pat, cousin Jessica and my mom hosted another shower for me here in Farmington. Almost all of my family and close family friends that live locally were able to attend and some very dear childhood friends of mine made it too! We had beautiful weather and enjoyed the afternoon out on the patio playing a few games and celebrating the impending arrival of this baby boy! He now officially has a more extensive wardrobe than both his daddy and me! Tim and I feel so blessed to have such supportive and loving (and generous!) friends and family and we really just want to thank everyone for all of your support and well wishes during this pregnancy. We cannot express how overwhelmed with gratitude we are! And a special THANK YOU again to my aunts, cousin and mom - you all put so much work into the shower and it really showed! Thanks for everything!
Yesterday, I went to Riverfest and helped out with the pie eating contest. That was a hoot! And after that we attended a Graduation Party Cookout. Needless to say I was VERY tired by the end of the day. Mom and I were able to spend today out shopping and just this evening have I finally been able to put my feet up and just relax after the whirlwind of activity that has been my life for the past few weeks. I am really looking forward to the uneventful week coming up before I head back to Dallas on the 3rd.
I hope everyone has been doing well! I will try to make these updates a little more frequent so that you don't have to read a novel like you do when I wait 3 weeks to make a post :) I am going to post pictures seperately this time since there are a lot to share!
Happy Memorial Day to all! Take care!
Love,
Steph
Monday, May 28, 2007
The busiest 3 weeks EVER!
Posted by
Steph and Tim
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment