Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lots of updates!

Hi everyone! Not a huge difference in my picture from last week to this week (except a new haircut!), but I wanted to post anyway because we have a lot of exciting news!

On Sunday, Tim got called up to Colorado Springs! Yay! He's been playing really well and there was an injury so he got the call. He got there just in time for all of the snow in Colorado. He's having flashbacks from when he played there two years ago! It was very cold. He leaves for a 2 week road trip today, and I plan on trying to make it out there when the team comes back to Springs. I'm looking forward to seeing my step-sister and her family, as well as Tim's family up in Denver. The little ones seem to grow so fast, so it will be great to spend some time with them!

We had another big storm here in Dallas on Tuesday night. It was pretty scary! Lots of heavy rain and some hail, a ton of lightning and strong winds. We need the rain, but I could sure do without the torrential downpours. We lost power for a while, but luckily it came back on and everything was ok.

On the home front, we had our new sofa and loveseat delivered Tuesday morning! It was so nice to finally move our futon out of the living room and trade up for REAL furniture. I am now on the hunt for a nice area rug, since we have tile floors. I will post pictures once we get a rug! I also invested in a refurbushed Roomba vacuum (the round little robot vacs that vacuum the floor without you having to lift a finger) and tried it out this morning. I had just swept the floors on Monday night but the Roomba still found quite a bit of dog hair and dust. So far I am happy with it and hope that it will make keeping these tile floors clean a little easier! The dogs sure got a kick out of it. I will have to take a picture next time I run it. Pilot was following it around sniffing it trying to figure out what the heck it was. Bailey is afraid of all vacuums so she made sure to keep her distance!

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm and dry with all this crazy spring weather! I will check in again soon!

Steph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Tim congrats from us! Talk to you soon.
Alisha
*Your haircut loks great! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you not excited to see any of your friends that live in CO??? :(