Tuesday, April 03, 2007

It's a BOY!!!!






Sorry it took me so long to post these - it has been a busy week! We had the big ultrasound on Monday and thankfully Tim's team was kind enough to let him come home with me for the day so he could attend. It was so nice to have him there when we found out we are having a little boy!!! The baby was moving all around, trying to put his hand to his mouth. It was really cool to see how much he has grown in just 3 weeks. The ultrasound technician said everything looked just perfect and that he is measuring right on target. We were able to see his facial profile, all four chambers of his heart, his tiny spine, kidneys, a nice view of one of his feet and, of course, the money shot of his "parts"! They say he weighs about 11 ounces and when I had another appointment on Wednesday his heartbeat was at 152.

This week I feel like my belly has started to show a little more. I have felt my muscles really stretching. Today I had my first stranger ask when the baby was due. I was a little surprised, (especially since I was in a black sweatshirt) but luckily for the guy I actually am pregnant and not just bloated! Also this week, plans have been put in motion to begin the decorating of the baby's room. Today I purchased our furniture and bedding and once it comes in I will be able to decide how we are going to paint the walls. Its so fun to know what we are having and begin buying things in preparation for his arrival! It may take up to 8 weeks for the furniture and bedding to come in, so I am glad we decided what we wanted so early.

Tim's first game is in progress in Tulsa as I type. It was supposed to be yesterday but there was a snow blizzard so they postponed it until today! He said its pretty cold up there! We are getting a little bit of the cold weather here in Dallas too. Tomorrow's high is only supposed to be in the 40's. Not what I expected for April in Dallas! If it rains though I will be happy because our lawn could use the extra water. We are on a watering restriction here and are only allowed to water once a week.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Easter! No big plans here for the dogs and me, but maybe I will make some hard boiled eggs, just to get in the spirit :) As always, we'd love to hear from you. Thank you for all of the congratulations and well wishes thus far. We really appreciate the thoughts and prayers and are so blessed to have such great family and friends. We miss you all and wish we could see you more often! Take care of yourselves!

Love,
Tim, Steph, Baby Boy, and the doggies

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph-
It was so good to see you. You look beautiful and I can't wait for you to experience motherhood. It's the most amazing thing in the world and you will love it!!! I can't wait to see that little baby boy!

Love ya!
Rach

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's a boy alright!! Congratulations, I know that you and Tim are so excited and I can't wait to meet your lil man ;)

Deez10 said...

Oh I just love the ultrasound picture of his little foot!! :)

Anonymous said...

congradulations. Looks beautiful and healthy.