
Ok, so I knew that sleep was going to get more difficult, but I really didn't think it would just hit me one day out of the blue! The past couple nights, getting comfortable has become Mission: Impossible.
To start with, I have very limited positions with a basketball being attached to my belly and all, and believe me, I have tried every position there is! I have a million pillows on my bed so I am able to prop up my head and back, my feet, stick a pillow between my legs and one halfway under my belly (not all at once of course!) and nothing is comfortable anymore.
Secondly, according to my weekly email updates little Babybug should be going through another growth spurt, so maybe that is why I am tossing and turning.
The third factor affecting my rest are Babybug's nightly practices for his audition in the next Jackie Chan movie. I have never been karate chopped in my life, until now. His little tai chi lessons begin the minute I lay down to sleep and don't end until I have somehow managed to doze off. That's when the real fun begins!
So I finally fall asleep...now what? Well, my brain decides that since I refuse to watch horror movies in real life that it will just make up its own in my dream, ahem, nightmare. I won't even go into details, but I have been witness to some horrific crimes the past few nights. Oh how I wish those would stop! Luckily, the only recognizable person, er...animal, in my dreams so far has been my baby beagle Pilot, who in my dream last night got attacked by some big, mean, monster-sized dog and lost a leg and an eye :( Luckily his missing eye was just an "x" over where his eye should have been. I am so glad that my dreams take some cues from cartoons!
In conclusion, please send all of your good night's sleep thoughts my way for these next few months. I need to be well rested for the sleepless nights I will incur once baby is here! It's now 10:45pm here and I guess its time for me to go count my sheep. Goodnight everyone! Hope you have sweet dreams!
Steph
Monday, June 25, 2007
Disturbing dreams and restless nights...
Posted by
Steph and Tim
at
10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry you have such a hard time sleeping, but I'll be spooning you in 4 days ;)
Post a Comment