What happens when a 6 month pregnant lady goes on "vacation" for a month? She gains weight! And lots of it! Babybug and I had an appointment this morning where we learned that we have gained 8 pounds in the past 5 weeks!!! Whoops! I guess I should have tried to remember the "Just Say No" motto from my D.A.R.E. classes back in grade school and declined a few pieces of cake and pie at baby showers and graduation parties and birthday parties while I was in Colorado and New Mexico. Oh well! If you can't gain weight when you are growing a baby, when can you???
Outside of the rapidly growing number on the scale, everything went smoothly at the appointment. Baby's heart was beating at 160bpm, my belly measured right where it should, and after an unexpected internal exam (shouldn't they have to give you at least a few days warning for these things?!?!) we found my cervix is not dilating yet which is great! That means Babybug is going to stay put for a while longer so Mommy can finish getting his room ready :)
Tim was playing in Oklahoma City earlier this week, so after his day game on Monday he was able to drive down here and stay for the night and leave the next morning. It was really good to have him home, even if it was only for a few hours, and I think he enjoyed getting to see all the changes to the house (new furniture!). I had him help me put some of the baby gear together and we also put down our new rug in the living room! Its all coming together and I am thrilled to have a furnished living room to relax in! Pictures will be coming soon!
That's all thats been going on with us! Hope everyone is doing well! I will update again soon. Take care and have a great weekend!!!
~Steph
Outside of the rapidly growing number on the scale, everything went smoothly at the appointment. Baby's heart was beating at 160bpm, my belly measured right where it should, and after an unexpected internal exam (shouldn't they have to give you at least a few days warning for these things?!?!) we found my cervix is not dilating yet which is great! That means Babybug is going to stay put for a while longer so Mommy can finish getting his room ready :)
Tim was playing in Oklahoma City earlier this week, so after his day game on Monday he was able to drive down here and stay for the night and leave the next morning. It was really good to have him home, even if it was only for a few hours, and I think he enjoyed getting to see all the changes to the house (new furniture!). I had him help me put some of the baby gear together and we also put down our new rug in the living room! Its all coming together and I am thrilled to have a furnished living room to relax in! Pictures will be coming soon!
That's all thats been going on with us! Hope everyone is doing well! I will update again soon. Take care and have a great weekend!!!
~Steph

3 comments:
Why are there no pictures this time???
BTW, you are NOT a heffer :)
I added a picture just for you, Ivory :)
it's about time you gained some weight! :) looking good! glad everything is going well.
Post a Comment