As you all know, Tim started a new job a few months ago, and apparently in the corporate world they have things known as company holiday parties. Who knew? So I finally had to ditch the slippers and robe, wash the spit-up out of my hair, and reacquaint myself with my make-up brushes. We clean up well, if I do say so myself....
Back to the story...This was our fist time leaving Jake with a non-family sitter, and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous. The thing that was giving me the most anxiety was that Jacob had decided in the past week that he did NOT want to take a bottle. We tried and tried every night this past week and he downright refused. I almost called off the whole thing, but with some encouragement from Tim, my mom and my awesome neighbors who I knew would take great care of my baby, we decided to go.
I'm so glad we did! We had a great night out. I really enjoyed meeting Tim's coworkers and getting a better idea of what he's been off doing the past month! We had some good food and drinks, got to take a look around the baseball museum, and we even got a caricature! Tim says we can't display this in our home because every time he looks at it he will think I have been cheating on him with some square-headed stud ;)
Ok, so I know you've had enough of us....On to the REAL reason you all come to this blog :)
. . . . . .
Jacob uses his hand as a teether (there aren't any teeth about to break through, but we definitely have some swollen gums!)
Jacob's neck making a rare appearance in the next two photos
...and its gone in a flash!
Jumparoo's are so much fun! (Thanks for the early Christmas gift ND Olson's!)
Grandma Carol, Jake wants you to know that he now loves his swing!
He also still loves bathtime :)
Hideous outfits don't phase this little man!
Coco Chanel says, "Always take off one accessory before leaving the house!"
Aren't I just so cute!
Thanks for the hat and bib Miss Ella James!

7 comments:
Steph, first of all you look beautiful! I am glad you guys got a night out! Isn't it always weird leaving the house with no baby in tow? I am still trying to get used to it! Jake is getting so big, I can't believe it! He is so cute and I love the Christmas get up! We have that jumper and for about 4 months it saved me from getting mauled by my very active baby! It is a life saver. It looks like things are going great! Miss ya!
You look beautiful! I can tell you have a lot of weight.I can't believe how big he is getting already. I see so much of you in him :)
damn girl, you look hot!!! and I love Jake in the babylegs!!! So cute!
Steph, you look like one hot mamma! I'm glad you guys went. You make me look bad for not feeling bad about leaving Ella James though... :)
I LOVE THE LAST PICTURE OF JAKE!!! He looks so sweet and looks like a big boy.
(I guess my computer is less fussy now and has decided to let me post! whoo hooo)
How sweet. It's been a while since I've checked out your blog. You guys look like you're doing great. Have fun on your trip.
What a great Christmas card the closeup of Baby Jake would make. He is beautiful (actually handsom would be more correct) as I knew he would be. Can't wait to see you all. Love, Aunt Trish
Those might be the cutest baby jammies I've ever seen.
Post a Comment