Monday, February 25, 2008

Breaking News!!!

This just in - actually "just in" is not entirely accurate, but I was sans computer for the last 4 days - our little six-month-old had his first tooth break through his gums! Yay! It's his bottom left tooth and its just barely showing, but its really cute :) I noticed it last Thursday while we were on our way to Denver.

We also decided to begin breaking our cosleeping habit with our little munchkin. I don't even really know how we started it in the first place, but its been going on for too long now, and we ALL need some better sleep. Plus, if Jake keeps nursing 2-3 times a night he is going to be too big for me to carry around! So last night we put him to sleep in his crib at about 9pm. He cried for close to half an hour but then was out for the night. It is now 9:21am and he is STILL sleeping (and yes, he's still breathing)! I didn't expect that first night to be so easy, but I'm not holding my breath that the next few nights will be the same. I am thinking he was maybe just a bit jet lagged from our 2 hour flight home from Denver.

So, I forgot to mention this a week ago, but we had to break into our emergency savings to pay for our deductible on BOTH cars because Mother Nature decided to throw down quarter size hail on McKinney. Fun stuff, let me tell ya. The cars look like hell, they are pitted everywhere, windshields included. So now we will be getting one car fixed at a time, they each will take 2 weeks, which means I am without a car AGAIN for a month. Boo!

Sorry I don't have any new pictures to post right now, but I took a little break this weekend to go to Denver for my dear friend Ivory's baby shower and I didn't have much time to take pictures! We had a blast, and although I didn't take too many photos, I think Ivory will let me steal a few to post. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Ivory said...

Yay Jake!! I am so proud of you and mommy!!!
It was so great seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Bummer! You're BRAND NEW car?!?! Ugh.
Congrats on the tooth Jakey and keep up the good work in your crib!