Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oodles of Posts!

I have just posted a ton of pictures because I have been slacking on the blog lately and I finally got a minute to post. It seems like we have barely had any spare time lately, and when we do I am usually too exhaisted to even THINK about opening up my computer. But today I was just watching the Olympics while Jake takes his morning nap and it seemed like a perfect time to get caught up.

Before I start with updates on all of us, I would like to send some love to my friends and family!

Aunt Cammy - We love you and are praying for a complete and speedy recovery for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Megan - HUGE congrats to you and Joe on your engagement AND on the new house in a new city! We are so thrilled for you and I can't WAIT to come visit and get you ready for what I know will be a FABULOUS wedding! I am sooo looking forward to it already!!!!

Alisha, Dave & EJ - CONGRATS on your new home! It looks beautiful and I hope someday soon we will get to come out there and see it in person. I know you have been waiting for this for a long time and I am just so happy you have found a place to call home.

Rachael, Dan & Jack - HOORAY for a baby girl!!! Baby 2.0 is already looking forward to meeting his girlfriend :) I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to catch up with you!

Kym, Brad & Ellaina - CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of baby Braden! He is such a cutie pie and I just love his tiny little hands and feet. I can't wait for Braden and 2.0 to get together for playdates!

I hope I am not forgetting anyone. If I am I promise to post when I remember! I have had major pregnancy brain lately and even went to my doctors appointment on the wrong day, so it doesn't suprise me when I forget things anymore.

Here are some Olson updates:

Jake is still just taking a few steps here and there, but prefers to crawl. He talks and talks all day long. His clearest words are Beebee (baby) Maymee (mommy) but it seems like he is starting to say Da (dad) and the beginnings of Bear (right now it sounds like "beh"). Jake's favorite food is fresh blueberries. He is completely switched over to whole milk and we are trying to slowly wean him from the bottle (which doesn't seem like it will be too difficult). He's been eating more and more meat and still doesn't LOVE it, but he will eat it. He just prefers breads & grains as well as fruit.

The BIGGEST update we have on the Jake front is that we have been cloth diapering him for about a month now! You may have noticed in a few of the pictures. The cloth diapers make his bottom look a little bigger :) So far its going really well and hasn't been as painful of a transition as I expected. For those of you who think I am just absolutely crazy, I promise you that cloth diapers have had some major improvements over the years and there are some really neat diapering options out there. I will probably try to post a little more about this in a separate post so you can see what I mean.

As for Tim and me, there aren't a lot of new updates. I am really struggling with feeling fatigued pretty much all the time and wonder on a daily basis. I am just really uncomfortable at night and can't seem to get a good nights sleep. Tim is struggling with dealing with a cranky, tired wife :)

Everything with 2.0 is going fine. He is a wild man in my belly, kicking and punching all throughout the day. At my appointment yesterday I was measuring exactly where I should be and baby's heart rate was in the 150's which is normal and healthy! We still don't have any idea what we will be naming him, but we aren't too concerned about that right now.

My mom (Jake's grandma GiGi) is in town for the week and we are just enjoying having her around! I hope to update you all again very soon with lots of pictures. Jake is going to be ONE next week!!!! EEEEKKK!!!!

Also, you will have to excuse the red-eye in some of the pictures I post. My computer broke and is currently shipped off for repairs, so I am using my ancient computer that has pretty much ZERO programs on it, so I don't have any way to edit the red-eye.

Ta-ta for now!!! Hope you all are well!

1 comment:

Team Mussell said...

THANKS STEPH!
I love getting shout outs!
Happy bday to Jake and Tim and YOU!!
xo