Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pity Party for One

I'm really, really pregnant. And hormonal. And uncomfortable. And sleep deprived. I don't have any pictures of Jake for you. Why? Because I haven't taken my camera out the entire time he has been 13 months old. My mind has just been in 5 million other places and I actually kind of forgot that I even OWN a camera.

It hasn't helped that Jake got a nasty cold last week and ever since has been completely boycotting anything resembling an afternoon nap. I've tried pushing his morning nap back so that maybe he will just take one long mid-day nap, but so far my efforts have been unsuccessful and all I end up with is a tired, cranky toddler at the end of the day. *Sigh* I know we will figure it out, but man is it tough to figure out how to deal in the mean time.

Despite all of my discomfort, baby 2.0 and I are both healthy and doing well. He is still giving me strong kicks and punches even though he is running out of space. I tell Tim that he probably won't ever come out because he is having no trouble making himself cozy in there. He doesn't mind stretching his legs out even if it means I have a ridiculous pointy protrusion out of my right side. He seems to be growing right on schedule, as my belly is measuring right where it should be. I am convinced that he is going to be bigger than Jake was at birth, partly because my maternity shirts dont even really cover my belly anymore, and partly because I've gained a little more with this one than with Jake. Just a teeny tiny bit, but I'm blaming it on a heftier baby ;)

I know you are hearing a lot of complaining in this post, but it's mostly because we are VERY ready to meet this little one. We know our life is going to be turned upside down (again), but we are READY. We can't wait to be a family of four. We can't wait to see Jacob be a big brother. And we can't wait to see who 2.0 looks like. But we can wait, because we have no choice. And we know he will come when he is ready (or on October 27th, whichever comes first!).

No comments: