While in Maui we lived by the Maui Revealed guide book. It led us to some pretty spectacular sights that we otherwise would have passed right by. Poli Poli State Park was one of those destinations. When we came down from Haleakala Crater, it seemed to have cleared up a bit, so I told Tim we should keep on driving to Poli Poli because there was supposed to be a Redwood forest. A Redwood forest in Maui? I know, sounds strange, right? Well, It was a little scary getting there (partly because the roads were not paved and they were pretty narrow and bumpy at times, and partly because we were almost out of gas with no clue where the nearest gas station was) but we made it and I think it was well worth the stressful time getting there!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Maui - In Random Order {Part 2}
The roads as we descended from Haleakala
The crazy swithbacks leading up to Poli Poli State Park
The red dirt road
Tim with an anxious smile as I lead him down a foggy, somewhat eerie trail
Would you have ever guessed we were in Hawaii???
Tim trying to text someone our location in case we get lost
So cool
The trees were SOOOO tall!
Little Tim, Big Tree
Treehugger
Just Amazing
Blurry, but I like it
Watch out for falling trees!
Heading home - the bark on all these trees had some sort of orange rust looking stuff on them. Not sure what it was
Gorgeous view. This family had their little baby with them and it made me miss my babies terribly
And just as we drove into town and found a gas station we saw a gorgeous rainbow welcoming us back to safety!
Posted by
Steph and Tim
at
1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
These pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment