Thursday, October 15, 2009

Maui - In Random Order

NOTE: These are going to be all out of order because Blogger is set up really strangely and I can never seem to upload large amounts of pictures in any order whatsoever.

Our last few days in Maui were spent mostly on the road. We braved the road to Hana, as well as the roads on the north west side of the island that we probably weren't supposed to take per our rental car contract. What they don't know, they can't charge us for, right???



I made Tim go for a hike at the end of our journey to Hana.  I didn't let him see this sign until AFTER he made the hike with me :)



We found this adorable, tiny little Red Sand beach that would have been wonderful to spend a day at had we found it sooner.


I am Tim's favorite wife as well, so I though this picture was fitting
The view from our 2nd hotel outside of Lahaina

In Lahaina in front of the giant Banyan Tree

This thing is HUGE.  Takes up an entire city block.

View from our first hotel - The Grand Wailea

Tim & Steph at the Old Lahaina Luau

I loved the way the light was shining from behind the clouds

Hula girls!

We made a LOOOONG windy drive up to see Haleakala Crater

But we picked just about the WORST day to go.  It was freezing and there was ZERO visibility

Trying to stay warm with a hotel towel

Wow, what a beautiful view (sarcasm, sarcasm)

A cool looking plant that only grows here if I remember correctly

The only view I thought I was going to get of the crater

But miraculously the fog lifted a little so we could see!  Yay!

The Nasa Observatory building thingy

And the view from our Jeep on the scary drive back down the mountain!

No comments: