Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Very First Owie

Jake fell from a sitting position last Thursday and hit his head on the leg of one of our desks. I'm surprised it actually took this long for him to hurt himself! It left a dent for a few minutes and then turned into a big raised purple bump. After the swelling went away it really didn't look very bad. Nobody even asked us what we did to our poor child ;) Here are pics:


Mr. Tough Guy (the bump is above his right eye, the desk leg is in the top of the pic)
Mom, I'm fine. (You can see his top middle teeth in this one)

Close-up

He likes to play with his pacifier clip, but doesn't care much for the pacifier itself (which I am glad about!)

I don't know who taught him this nose scrunching thing but he does it ALL the time.


So I'm glad we have the first owie out of the way because I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be getting them more often with all the pulling up on things he is doing. We have entirely too much tile in our house. I think I need to wrap my kid in bubble wrap.

Hope you all are well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. There was a period of a month or two where Ella James had similar looking things on some part of her body AT ALL TIMES! One lady at a store once asked me if "I kissed her with lipstick on or if she had a bruise." I told her the truth, but I liked the lipstick idea. :)
Poor little guy. But, there will be more. I can almost promise you. Wait till he's taking steps...