I can't believe Ryan's birth day was over two weeks ago already! Here is a recap:
Tim and I arrived at the hospital around 10:45am and I was immediately admitted. They showed us to our room (which was so not as big and cozy as the room I had Jake in. I guess they save those for the people who are going to labor for a few hours...), did some blood work and got me on an IV. I met the anesthesiologist who went over everything in great detail which sure made me feel a lot more at ease.
They were getting me ready as quickly as they could because my doctor had called and requested we start the surgery early if possible (he must have had a hot lunch date or something). We called my mom and let her know so that she could drop Jake off with our neighbor and get here in time.
Around noon I said goodbye to Tim and my mom as they wheeled me into the operating room to prep me and give me my spinal tap. It took a little longer than planned because we had to wait for the lab to call about my bloodwork, but once they did, everything went pretty quickly. The spinal hurt a bit worse than the epidural did with Jake, but after the initial pain was over it ended up being a MUCH better way to go because I didn't feel any of the pressure and pain that I did the last time.
Tim and my mom were let into the OR and the surgery began! Tim tells me that I was very loopy, which I didn't realize, I just felt really really sleepy. That is all I could keep saying was how tired I was. I had to fight to keep my eyes open. It seemed like it took a while, but it couldn't have been too long before we heard that beautiful first cry from our second baby boy.
They weighed him, took his APGARS (8 and 9), cleaned him up and when Tim and I were both able to see him up close, we decided that his name would be Ryan Christopher. Ryan was a name we both had liked when we were choosing a name for Jacob, and it came up again for this one as well. We struggled with a middle name, but settled on Christopher in honor of Tim's late grandfather Christy (Christian).
I finally got to hold little Ryan as they wheeled me back to our room and I was just the proudest mama in the world to have been blessed with two perfect, healthy baby boys.
Enjoy the pictures from Ryan's first day on the Earth :)
Mommy finally gets to smooch her baby boy
Happy grandma!
Oh my goodness! A baby brother!
Let me touch him Dad!
Kisses from big brother Jake!
Mommy with a kind of smiley newborn Ryan
Pouty lips
Visitors on the first day! Our dear friends Yvette and John came to meet Ryan.

6 comments:
Steph, only you could look that beautiful a few minutes after giving birth! Ryan is just adorable! Love and miss you!
All the pictures turned out so good! You made my eyes water... "proudest mama in the world to have been blessed w/2 perfect, healthy baby boys". Babies are truly such an amazing blessing! Congrats! Love y'all :)
Stephanie!! You are the prettiest little mom! I love the pic of Jake and Ryan. A world full of boys! CONGRATS to the Olsons!
So glad everything went so well! He is so cute! I love your hair too :)
Steph you look amazing. Ryan is amazing... I am so happy everything went so smooth. We love you much!
You look great Steph I LOVE your hair :) Can't wait to see yall!!!
Post a Comment