Saturday, October 20, 2007

My how time flies...

Today I realized that this month marks the one year anniversary of owning our home! Its incredible how we have transformed this empty house into a place that we love to call home. Its also amazing how much changes in a year. If you would have asked me where we would be at this point in time I never would have imagined we would have a beautiful 2-month old baby boy, that Tim would be starting a new job, or that I would be a work-at-home MOM! But even though I wouldn't have guessed it, I couldn't be happier with the way things have worked out. I am so proud of the life and family that we have created and am so grateful for all of the amazing ways God has blessed us. I can't wait for all of the exciting things the future holds!

With that said, let me update you on Jacob and all of the exciting things he has been doing these days!

  • As you may have noticed from the pictures, he is really responding to us with smiles and laughs. Nothing makes us happier than to see his beautiful grin.

  • Jacob has discovered that sucking on his arm and hand is MUCH more fun than sucking on a pacifier. The other day I noticed he had even given himself a light hickey on his arm! Silly boy!

  • It appears he is learning how to stick out his tongue a little further. Today he really pushed it out when his daddy was bugging him :)

  • I don't want to jinx it, but Jake has slept through the night for the past 2 nights! 9 hours the first night, 8 hours the second!

So as you can tell, things have been pretty fun around here lately! We also had some Halloween fun this weekend. Jake and I attended a playgroup hosted by my sorority alumni club yesterday, and the three of us went to the Big Orange Pumpkin patch today. Busy bees, we are, and tomorow Jake will be making his first flight - he and I are going to Farmington! Yay!

Here are the pics from yesterday and today. Enjoy!


















3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey Steph! I know this is random and out of the blue, but it is me, Kim Schurman! I got a group email from you many months ago telling about your new blogsite and I have checked it regularly ever since. Jake is such a cutie pie and it looks like you are all doing so well as a family. I just wanted to say hey and to let you know that I have been keeping up with your life and enjoying your pictures! :)

Ivory said...

I want to see the monkey costume too!!

Anonymous said...

Jake looks too cute in his big boy outfit! Hope you have a great time in Farmington.